*old response on gismu baseline

>Isn't there any provision for new gismu?  I think words like "xorvo" are
>newly proposed, (so far) unofficial gismu.  Or the existing list will be
>frozen also in number of words?
>
>co'o mi'e paulos.

Since the gismu list baseline, the list has been frozen in number of
words.  Obviously people can coin new ones, but not according to
standards.

Most likely, after the 5 year baseline, new gismu will be considered,
with functionality in lujvo-making likely to be a major criterion.  I
strongly suspect that cultural gismu will NOT be added, because they are
so controversial in the first place, and people in general would rather
there be fewer cultural gismu, rather than more, in the language.  (Any
criterion that allows the addition of a gismu for Croatia for example,
would probably require a word for almost every other nation of the world
- and I think there are close to 200 these days - and that presumes you
don't get down into nationalities that are not gugde.

lojbab