Re: GEN: almost-PROPOSAL: intervals

>> without going into aracnaities like
>> ca'o le  puzi nanca belipimu
>
>during the close-past .5-year
>
>This can, on the other hand, mean that I went to Glasgow a week ago,
>since that was also during a recent half-year. No go.
>
>Something in that line almost works, though:
>
>... co'a le puzi nanca belipimu

That was my intent - at the inception of the previous adjacent 6 month period.

>But I find it clumsy. Less so than using temci, but also less precise.

Not sure why it seems less precise. Inchoative is a point event. and we
are define the point by means of the interval.  Clumsy - well that is an
aesthetic consideration and one you may be better able to make than I.
Especially since you are a native speaker of a language with perfectives.

BTW>> ca'o le  puzi nanca belipimu
>
>during the close-past .5-year

should mean under perfective languages that I went throughout the close-past
.5 year, and hence that I was in Glasgow for the last 6 months, not for a
short period within that 6 months.  At least from my Russian understandings
the use of a perfective when describing two events means that they coexist in
time, and I have read at least the strong implication that one even is not
substantially different in time spread than the other.  Is this true for
Croatian?

lojbab