Re: PLI: brain fart metaphor

> > ko tcidu loi zerenobi'ozecinomoi pinvlagri pe la'o skami. lojex.txt .skami
>
> I don't seem to have a copy of this paper. Do you think you could send
> me one? Or at least the relevant passage. Then I'll be able to comment.

.i la'o skami. lojex.txt .skami goi ko'a zo'u ko'a vreji fo le mi skami
noi jorne la mujgirz. lo tcesno je tolci'o samfonveljo'e noi benji
revonono datnyka'u ze'i lo'e snidu .i ju'ocu'i ko'a vreji fu la'o
samjudri. ftp://ra.cs.yale.edu/pub/lojban/... .samjudri ji'a

.i di'e vajni pagbu .i zoi pagbu.

tanru ("modifier-selbri modified-selbri"):

   tanru are compound selbri - constructions of multiple brivla/selbri com-
   ponents.  Each component might be a single word, or it might be a word
   modified by "se", or scalar negations (like "na'e").  tanru take selbri
   components (including other tanru) in pairs, with the first part modifying
   the second part.

   The kind of modification is vague:  tanru may act like an English ad-
   jective-noun (fast-runner), adverb/verb (quickly-run) or it may restrict a
   larger set (runner-shoes).  Context will generally indicate what is a
   plausible interpretation of a tanru.  But allow for creative interpreta-
   tion:  "runner-shoes" might be interpreted in some imaginative instances as
   "shoes that run by themselves".  In general, however, the meaning of a
   tanru is determined by the literal meaning of its components, and not by
   any connotations or figurative meanings (sutra tavla - "fast-talker" thus
   would not necessarily imply any trickery or deception, and a "jikca toldi"
   - "social butterfly" must always an insect with large brightly-colored
   wings, of the family lepidoptera).

   The place structure of a tanru is always that of the final brivla/component
   of the tanru.  Thus, the following has the place structure of "klama":

.pagbu

co'o mi'e. goran.