Re: loglan rapprochement orthography

> > Whatever it is phonetically, it is structurally not
> > a consonant (it can't be one of the {C}s in {CVCCV}, {CCV} and all the
> > other formulae), so I'd rather keep it graphically distinct from them
> > as well.  (This is also an argument against {h} in Roman.)
>
> doi .and., please take note.  This is the point we've been trying to make
> and (apparently) failing to.

Seeing that this is *an* argument against {h} is not the same as seeing that
this argument outweighs any counter-arguments -- such as the argument that
the current orthography is visually incoherent and messy.  (I find the argument
that by dropping {'} in some cases and using {h} in others la .and. loses
useful parallelism of forms must stronger.)

(I've been playing around with alternative orthographies (something I always
do - my language Mailaana has four orthographies) and for what it's worth
(~0) I prefer {'}->{h}, {.}->{'}, {,}->{-} plus "normal" capitalization
and punctuation.)

Anyway, I have one serious question.  It is not clear from the sources I have
read (maybe because I missed the vital para) whether V'V counts as one syllable
or two.  Is it {fi'ORtu'a} or {fi'orTU'a} -- or even {FI'ortu'a}?

-- jP --

Here are a couple of samples basded on an earlier post (from la goran.)
The punctuation is not based on an understanding of the text and is probably
wrong.

'I mi xabju la Zagreb' noi raltcadu la Xrvatsk'.  'I mi zbasu le gismu
fuhivla nohu zo "xorvo" noi se rafsi zo "xro".  'I kuhi lahedihu tolnaho.  'I
roloi ca tersmu be ra cu remoi mi ce la Xorxes' niho mi pendo pa lanzu
selcme zo "Cpoliaritc'".  'I pehi ri mintu cmene, gihenai laha lanzu ckini.  'I
to koha kiha.  'I koha goi le mamta gi le dzena.  'I 'ehu do diha morji
leduhu lei lojbo ke sumti basti valsi poi cmavo be koha na se pilno
dunli lei glibau basti bo valsi toi.

Hi mi xabju la Zagrebh noi raltcadu la Xrvatskh.  Hi mi zbasu le gismu
fuwivla nowu zo "xorvo" noi se rafsi zo "xro".  Hi kuwi laediyu tolnao.  Hi
roloi ca tersmu be ra cu remoi mi ce la Xorxesh niyo mi pendo pa lanzu
selcme zo "Cpoliaritch".  Hi peyi ri mintu cmene, giyenai laa lanzu ckini.  Hi
to koa kiya.  Hi koa goi le mamta gi le dzena.  Hi hewu do diya morji
leduwu lei lojbo ke sumti basti valsi poi cmavo be koa na se pilno
dunli lei glibau basti bo valsi toi.