Re: A challenge

>>>I'd call it a ma'ojvo

> I know that the definition of lujvo implies that
>it's comprised of rafsi and not cmavo, but tanru (and lujvo for that
>matter) are ambiguous and intended for such things.

I would understand what you were trying to say, but I am looking at it in
terms of correct usage.

>Similarly, if I use
>"le ma'ojvo" with "le" in front of it, well, it's what I'm describing as
>one.

That would enhance the clarity.

>One can talk, poetically, of a bookcase as a "cukta zdani", even
>though books probably can't be said to inhabit things (I realize that
>bookcase is not the obvious meaning of "cukta zdani").

Hold on!  A "zdani" is >not< defined as a place that is inhabited, that would
be "selxa'u", but as the '... home for x2'.  Now, I postulate that "zdani" is
intended to cover the range of the 'expected location of an object'.  I have
no problem with "cukta zdani" for 'bookcase'.  It is an misuse, though, to
have "cukta selxa'u", but I suspect that I could understand the intended
meaning.

>Perhaps "cmavo valsi" or "ma'ovla"?

Yes, "valsi" covers cmavo, gismu, lujvo and cmene.  But you have omitted the
'blat-' part.  How about "banli valsi".

ni'o co'omi'e dn.