temp. gismu dictionary

Nick Summers asks:
>How up-to-date is the 1993 gismu list?
Probably not bad, but I really have no idea.  The current gismu list on
the FTP site is the baselined version.  I think I have a couple of
rewording changes (non-substantive) added to my home version which is what
I am tracking to the dictionary master.

I would suggest re TeXing the current list to using the 1993 version.

>My work puts me in touch with bookbinders as a matter of course, and I
>plan, possibly dependent on the answer to this posting, to have a copy
>bound up. Now, my binder works from home and is really rather
>--More--
>impressively underpriced: he will probably charge about A$10-$15 to bind
>my copy. If anyone else is interested in a printed 'pre-release' copy,
>maybe you should contact me and we can work something out.

A little lost by this cost.  The gismu list is not all that big.  We are
selling printed copies for 10 cents US, and I think the two lists (English
and Lojban order) are around 28 pg each.  So this is only US$5.60, albeit
only stabled and not fancy bound (I think cheap binding costs a dollar
or two a copy).

>I don't mean to pre-empt the LLG, and I hope these actions are not
>interpreted that way,

Not ahrdly.  The previous TeX version was done by someone else who wanted to
make up their own copy.  But TeX is not directly relevant to the book
publsihing effort since the non-Unix world seems to never have heard of
TeX.  (I note however that we have two independent efforts going to get the
refgrammar into production - one based on Unix and TeX and the other using
the industry standard method using tools like Pagemaker.  I am working on the
Pagemaker version and Bob Chassell is working with TeX.

I just converted to Windows 95 from Windows 3.1, and this may cause me some
shortterm heartaches (but it was the right time since I had to replace my
hard disk which failed catastrophically).  But we are presently trying to
have a printed refgrammar by early spring (April?)  My estimate at the moment
is that this will be 720 pg or so in hardbound, and we'll be selling it for
US$30-40.

lojbab