Re: ni

>> However, the gismu list is also baselined and is "correct by definition".
>> In this case we have clearly stated that the x1 of klani is a ni, the x2
>> of lifri is a li'i, etc.
>
>Xiron is being recalcitrant, so I can't check the gi`uste, but
>I don't see how this helps, unless the x1 of klani makes clear
>whether it can also be filled by a number or not, or by an
>quantity of measurement units, or by a du`u, or whatever.

I posted the place strutures of the relevant gismu from the gi'uste a couple
days ago.  Jorge has correctly pointed out that I did not explicitly use the
word "ni" in the x1 for klani - an omission on my part, but certainly my
intent (I think I have been sloppier about labelling x1s in the gismu list
in this way, since the place structures are worded as natiuralistic English
sentences, and such omission does not stand out as much).

As for as the language design goes, ANY kind of sumti can go in any place
of any selbri.  The semantics might be impossible, but that just makes life
more fun.  So far as I am concerned, this debate is about what is semantically
sensible in the specified places, which is not a grammatical issue and is
not intended to be covered by the refgrammar or the gismu list in quite so
authoritative a sense as the grammar is covered.

lojbab
----