Re: abstractor place structures

 >> are we limited to using {kilto} as a prefix. I can't think of English
>> words equivalent to the Spanish "millar", "centena" and "decena",
>> which would be translated into Lojban as {kilto}, {xecto} and {dekto}.
>> The next one, "unidad", would be {gradu}.
>
>Could you use "millar" in a sentence?  My dictionary simply gives
>"thousand".

"Millar" is like "millon", only 1000 instead of 1000000.
I guess "thousand" is like that, too. What English doesn't have
is a word like "mil". Compare:

tres gatos                    three cats
diez gatos                   ten cats
mil gatos                      *thousand cats
un millar de gatos    a thousand cats
un millon de gatos   a million cats

Not a big deal. In Lojban you can also say {panono mlatu}
or {lo xecto be lo'e mlatu} .

> Is "decena" like "dozen", only 10 instead of 12?

Exactly.

>Maybe
>"decade" in the archaic sense of 10 anything, not just 10 years.

There's also "decada" in Spanish, but yes, I suppose it
could be it.

Jorge