Events & sisku [was: le/lo]

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> Yes, perhaps that would be clearer, although I think it would
> be too restrictive to say that nu could only refer to events that
> actually happen.

Indeed.  Events don't have to happen, although it has to be
*logically possible* for them to happen, I think; there is
no "lo nu li re su'i re du li mu".

> I wouldn't know how I would say "I'm looking for my hat"
> with the new definition, if I wore one.

        mi sisku le ka [ce'u] du le mapku po mi
        I look-for-thing-with-property the property-of being
                the hat belonging-to me.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban