Re: logflash software

In a message dated 97-11-17 12:00:23 EST, Rik wrote:

> Could someone comment on the best ways to use lf and lf3 (the logflash
>  software)?
<snip discussion of problems with grouping words by 20s.>

>  I've struggled through about 340 words this way, but I'm considering
>  starting over with a smaller number of new words per session.

Makes sense to me for you to start over, unless your learning data will be
sent to Nora (if she's still collecting it).  If it will not be, I found that
starting over gave me a nice sense of accomplishment (and some frustration)
upon seeing how many words I actually remembered over time.  I probably
should just plow through them now since I know how many I am comfortable
working on at one time, even if I am not doing it consistantly.

>  Or am I expecting to progress too fast?

Initially lf is designed to familiarize you with the words so quick is good.

>  My wife recalls reading an article that said you should generally
>  introduce about 5 new words per vocabulary lesson of a new language.  I
>  think I might be able to handle 7 to 10 with no problem.

I have found that for me 10 is about right.  I get much less frustrated than
I did working with 20.

>  Also, should both lf and lf3 be used concurrently?  Or should you get a
>  good grip on one vocabulary list and then start on the other?  (I've
>  only been using lf.)

I'd worry about lf first.

>  Thanks for any advice from anyone.

You're welcome.  Best of luck.