Re: dacti

>>Indeed, I
>>think "object enduring in space time" excludes anything without physical
>>bounds and structure (is a gas, plasma, or liquid an object? lo dacti?).
>

>Then you definitely need to be more clear. Is the sun a dacti? Is the earth
>a dacti? Is a mountain a dacti? Is a cloud a dacti? I would have said yes
>to all of those, but now you make me doubt, because I probably wouldn't
>call them "objects" in English in the more restricted sense of things that
>you can handle. Is dacti supposed to be so restricted?

I don't know.  I suspect that my default was the English definition.  I would
be probne to clrifying it bty trying to identify properties that "things"
have (boundedness in space? and time?)  It might have been added as a
contrast to "abstraction" sucta.

I am certainly open to clarifying ideas and wording, since what we have is
obvious so vague as to be meaningless - I had never imagined an abstraction
as being an object.

Or we can leave it as is and let Lojban usage put a meaning on it.

lojbab
----