Re: bad news on the books

Let me clarify, for those who are looking for printing problems in their
copies.  The text on each page appears to be printed from left to right.
When a printing error occurse therefore, the rightmost X inches of the
page are blank.  The amount of blank can range from nearly the whole page to
a fraction of an inch, though the latter problems are much harder to spot.

The text just cuts off at the point where the printing failed for the page.
Rarely, there seems to be a visible line at that point, but most often
it is short lines with cut off words and partsof word and characters.

There is no pattern as t where in the book the printing errors occurred,
of the 29 bad copiues here, one has a bad page in the table of contents.
We stopped looking as soon as we found one bad page in a given book,
but the first copy reported to us with problems had 3 bad pages in
apparently random places in the book.

In general the problems can be spotted simply by doing a slow riffle through
the pages of the book, looking for a "narrow" page - Nora and Gary were
averaging around 10 minutes to go through each book, trying to make sure
that they looked at each individual page.

There are some totally blank pages at the ends of a couple of chapters,
backing onto the illustration facing the beginning of the next chapter.
These blank pages are NOT errors.

lojbab
----