Re: reply to And #3

Lojbab:
>Why do I participate - because it is on Lojban List and public and
therefore
>influences the public image of the language.  If I cannot overcome the
>image of Lojban as a ultra-technical debating society, I'll never get the
>1000 speakers I want in 5 years.

I don't see how muddling these discussions helps to overcome that
image. If you want more newcomers to participate why don't you post
something directed to them, thus generating a thread _in addition_
to the more technical debates. A great thing about these discussion
lists is that many discussions about many different topics can go on
simultaneously. There's no need for one to exclude another. You can
read all of them or only the ones that interest you. Your taking time in
participating in the more technical discussions about issues that you're
not interested in clarifying anyway takes time away from you to generate
the kind of discussions that may appeal to begginners. I remember that
I started to participate here responding to a challenge from you to
translate a Lojban sentence into everyday English.

> Maybe my rejectiomn of the fine logical
>analysis that you guys seem to want is an instinctive reaction that such
>analysis drives peopleaway

Does it really? Why? I would very likely had left the list long ago if there
had been no such discussions. To me they're one of the attractions of
the list. I also enjoy exercising and trying to improve my abilities to
write
in Lojban, but I don't see why one should exclude the other.

>and makes less august brains feel that they cannot
>learn the language.  I know they are wrong, but we need more text to
>show this.

i e'osai ko cupra lo selsku seba'i le nu pante le nu mi'a casnu
lo nalcinri be do

 >BY all measn do so - but pray do so by USING the language rather than by
>debating about it.

i doi mikce ko ko mikce

co'o mi'e xorxes