Re: ni, jei, perfectionism

>>As well as 11,7.3) and 11,7.6). Indeed in every example in which {jei} is
>>used in a full bridi.
>
>I'll agree about 7.3 - we KNOW that the x2 of djuno is supposed to be a
>fact that is known.  7.6 I am less sure of.  It seems that one can
>be curious about an "object" as well as about a "realtionship".

Maybe, but is it likely that anyone would be curious about the truth
value TRUE? Or about the truth value FALSE? You are trying
to make the example mean this, but why would anyone in their
right mind use such an example in a pedagogical book?  From
the context it is extremely clear that the intended meaning is not
that.

> i do not
>know what you surmise the implicit abstraction to be as.

I surmise it to be: {le du'u xukau ...}. That's what all the usage
of {jei} ends up being.

 >>Maybe that's not by definition, but there are clearly two meanings:
>>one in theory and a different one in practice.
>
>I think that there is only one meaning, and we know this because the people
>who make the error can recognize it is an error when it is pointed out.

I'm glad you now think that. How long will it take to convince you that
exactly the same thing goes on with {ni}?

 >IN any event, even if you call this "contradiction" it is very clear how
>the contradiction SHOULD be resolved.  And I suspect that if you had said
>simply that 7.3 should have had tu'a (or fi) to be consistent with the
>stated definition above, there would have been little or no debate.

Are you sure that's not what I said? I think I and others said it more
than once, but the issue keeps cropping up.

>>The nice thing about holy books is that they're so interpretable... :)
>
>The nice thing about well writte holy books is that the interpretation is
>so straightforward as this one %^)

Good interpretations should always be straightforward. Usually you
can have different straightforward interpretations that lead
straightforwardly to diametrically opposite conclusions.

co'o mi'e xorxes