Re: Onomatopoeia! where the words come sweeping 'cross the clang....

>Interesting.  Nevertheless, _n.ang_ and _kuRukuRu_ seem onomatopoeic since
>the adverbial (?) _eNRu_ (=saying) appears to suggest a sound being
>mimicked.  Is onomatopoeia a "subset" in ideophonology?

I think they would have to be so considered, especially since so
many of the sound associated ideophones are onomatapoeic.

I appreciate everyone's discussion of this topic.  I am going to
look further into their usage in Tamil and Chinese too.  I think
it is likely I will add an ideophone forming morpheme to Nova.
I don't add morphemes lightly but this one could be fun :)
Thanks,
Brad Coon
COON@CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU
http://www.ipfw.indiana.edu/east1/coon/web/index.htm

"Do'netyokit su do'sa'na'kit." (Live boldly but wisely.)
        Nowan proverb