Re: Word order types

> What the existence of mixed languages suggests to me is that Greenberg's
> typology represents an oversimplification which needs to be refined.
> Lots of linguists have suggested such refinements, with (IMHO) enlightening
> results.  I'm hoping to continue that line of research in my dissertation,
> in fact.
        Sounds interesting...any chance of you telling us what these
refinements are?
        :Peter
   |  \        O)   Human speech is like a cracked kettle on which we   )
  _|__/         |   tap crude rhythms for bears to dance to, while we   |
 / |eter        |   long to make music that will melt the stars.        |
 | |            |             - Gustave Flaubert, "Madame Bovary"       |