Re: Lojbab on lojban list (Was: Re: reply to And #3)

> >We've had this discussion time and time again. Lots of people
> >have favoured splitting the list into a biginners and a technical
> >list, and you have vetoed it.
>
> Not vetoed it - it simply is outside of my power.  We have one list and have
> to choose what it is to be.  Someone wants to set up another list and I cannot
> nor will not try to stop them.

But if you wanted another list set up you could ask for volunteers.

> MY other fear in not having more particupation in major usage decisions
> is that there will come to be a split inthe language because you guys think
> you have figured out something and start using the langauge on that basis
> and the rest of us who have not read these enormous discussions (and some
> of us who have %^) will have no idea what you mean.  I am worried about the
> promulgation of important ideas around the community.  This would be
> adequately dealt with by people writing summaries of the discussions.

I agree.

> Ideally such summaries would not only be suitable for relative beginners,
> but they could also be compiled into JL issues (which have not come out
> in part because >I< have no time to write such summaries any more, and
> they have formed the bulk of past issues).

Good.

> >> I'd like more of this.  The phone game was nice, but maybe we need a more
> >> public version, where someone posts something in Lojban and then after a
 set
> >> period of time everyone posts their own interpretations (without
 discussion)
> >> followed by discussion of the various choices . Not unlike what Mark did.
> >
> >That would be good, especially if the pace was really slow so I
> >could find time to join in.
>
> And here is where you support my point.  IF the pace was slow, you would have
> time tojoin in.  But you and Jorge spend so much time on the technical
> diwscussions that you do not ave such time, and some of the rest of us
> chew up our time reading the discussions whether or not we respond.

If I didn't spend all this time on these discussions I wouldn't
be spending all the saved time on writing in Lojban though. I'd be
spending it on various other things I've been neglecting in the
last week or two.

--And