Re: Lojbab on lojban list (Was: Re: reply to And #3)

At 12:07 PM 12/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Beginner support: yes - It'd be really cool for you advanced people, if
>you come across something interesting in the language, to post little
>challenges/contests/trivia notes here.  But I notice no lack of help
>from any of you when a beginner does ask a question.

Depends on the question.  I posted an (admittedly frivolous) translation
attempt here a while back and practically begged for commentary; the
silence was deafening.  I received a grand total of 1 reply, and his
comments were such that I wasn't sure how to apply them.

Of course, I rarely have time to read all the messages on this list,
although I archive them all in the hope that I'll be able to find the
useful tidbits I need when I need them.  Given the arcane nature of most
of the debates that I _do_ end up reading, it isn't a good investment
of my time.

(Oh, and I pretty much refuse to mark irony, since that defeats the entire
point of that communication form.  I don't speak attitudinals unless it's
necessary, so I don't see a need to mark humor.  Just wanted to get that
bit off my chest.)

--
(...well, guess nobody will wonder why I choose the lurking path...)

Carl Burke
cburke@mitre.org