Carl Burke's question

Here is what Carl posted back in October.  <aybe someone will answer him
now.  i could not even find a posted answer, though Carl says he got one.
I don't remember seeing the post the first time around - it was buried
amidst discussions of Dvorak keyboards and several messages to me about
ordering the book, one of which was in something that wasn't quite Lojban,
so that I was distracted from reading all the posts.

>Date:         Thu, 9 Oct 1997 11:56:16 -0400
>From: Carl Burke <cburke@MITRE.ORG>
>Subject:      Opinions on a short, silly translation
>To: Logical Language Group <lojbab@ACCESS.DIGEX.NET>
>
>A while ago on rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc there was an attempt
>to translate the immortal words of Crow T. Robot ("Bite me, it's fun!")
>into Latin.  Well, I put the result in my .sig file ("Morde me, iuvat"),
>but was recently told by someone else that it sounded more like
>"Kill me, it helps."  This wasn't really what I had in mind.  :)
>
>Since I don't know Latin anyway, I thought it would be more appropriate
>for me to put a Lojban translation of said phrase into my .sig.
>The core bridi (ko batci mi) seems clear, but I'm not entirely sure
>how to encapsulate the rest of it.  What I came up with was
>
>   le nu ko batci mi kei cu zdile
>or
>   le nu ko batci mi kei cu kukte.
>
>I might be able to use an attitudinal, but the thing/things which find
>the biting to be fun are intentionally unspecified in the English.
>I like the 'kukte' version because of the implied association with food,
>but it may not be quite appropriate.  Any opinions or comments from
>the group?
>
>--
>Carl Burke
>cburke@mitre.org

In my case, I have littel to contribute to the discussion since I have
never watched mst3k, do not know who or what Crow T. Robot is, or what
s/he/it means by ""Bite me, it's fun!". knowing that "Bite me" has at least
one figurative usage that has little necessarily to to with batci.  It is
possible that the proer translation of this is solely attitudinal, or that
it simply is untranslateable in brief because it relies on the polysemy of
English.

So carl, if you want help trying to translate it, you probably need to explain
what it means, and why these words are "immortal" %^)

lojbab
----