ka'e

I wrote:
>"pu'i" means that it has happened, and that it can happen again.
>"nu'o" means that it hasn't happened, but could happen once or more times.
>"ca'a" means that it is now happening, but says nothing about any potentiality
>for happening at some other time.
>"ka'e" says thatit can happen, but has not necessarily happened at any time.

Thinking over what I said about the meanings of CAhA cmavo, and seeing
that Jorge wrote a few days ago that ca'a implied ka'e, I want to opine
that in general we would use ka'e to talk about innate capabilities of
the sort that can manifest themselves without substantial alteration of
their nature.

We would not say that "lo remna ka'e vofli" even if we
define that what someone does in an airplane or even more limitedly, a
human propelled airplane is "flying".  It is not in the innate nature of
humans to fly, but takes something external to make it possible, and we
might say that "lo remna ca'a vofli (sepi'o lo vinji)".

This is a restriction on the meaning I stated above for ka'e, since not
everything that can happen can do so by the nature of the relationship
or its participants.

ca'a thus seems totally orthogonal in meaning to the other members of
CAhA.
----