Re: la'e

>> If we know what "xukau ko'a badri" means as a Lojban predication, which
>> we must if we can talk about "ledu'u xukau ko'a badri", then "le sedu'u
>> xukau ko'a badri" makes sense.
>
>Not so.  "kau" is not defined (at least not by me, and *a fortiori*
>not by the refgram) outside du'u-clauses.  It may mean something
>in ka-clauses, too.  In main clauses it has no known meaning.

OK.  But "du'u xukau ko'a badri kei ceit
 broda"
is a du'u clause.  le broda is the x1 of that clause, and le se broda is the
x2 of that clause, treating the entirety as a selbri. The x1 cannot
have a meaning without reference to the x2, since they are defined in
relation to each other by the nature of du'u X being a 2 place presicate.

Since we purport to know what ledu'u xukau ko'a badri means we must therefore
implicitly know what lesedu'u xukau ko'a badri means.

lojbab
----