Re: Turkish proverb 3

>le lazycmi cu gasnu le na'e se gasnu be le ja'urjukni
>
>zu'unai most of these are not under discussion; it is the assumed
>viciousness of scorpions which is the subject of comparison (since it is
>comparitive, I've used [na'e] rather than [na]).  Any ideas on how to
>improve this?

It seems to me that what is wanted is something like
"not even scorpions do some of the things that relatives do".
But  "even" is one of those little words that we haven't resolved yet.
I usually translate it as {ji'a}, which contains only part of its meaning,
so:

        i lo'e ja'urjukni ji'a na'e gasnu lo se gasnu be le lazycmi
        Even scorpions don't do some things done by relatives.

Or if you prefer the other order:

        i le lazycmi cu gasnu lo na'e se gasnu be ji'a lo'e ja'urjukni
        Relatives do things not done even by scorpions.

co'o mi'e xorxes