Re: whether (was Re: ni, jei, perfectionism)

Jorge to Lojbab:
> To see the difference between {ce'u} and {makau} it is useful
> to consider examples where they appear together. For instance:
>
>             la rik zmadu la alis le ka ce'u mitre makau
>             Rick exceeds Alice in how much they measure.
>
> {ce'u} stands for the holder of the property, in this case Rick
> and Alice. {makau} is the question that has to be answered,
> in this case in order to make a comparison.

BTW, this type of Q-kau that we get with zmadu and frica (and
certain other selbri) is semantically very different from
the sort we get with epistemic selbri. The essence of Q-kau here
is where we have two variables, where the value of each depends
on the value of the other.

Currently I think that it is glico influence that makes us use
Q-kau here. That said, it is the only way to do it if we
insist on using {zmadu/frica fi le ka}.

--And