Re: la'e

>> As you yourself have said, "kau" is an attitudinal, and sentences
>> with attitudinals in them don't necessarily allow of logical
>> analysis.
>
>I hasten to add, though, that kau (or Q-kau) very much affects
>truth-conditional meaning.

The pattern, well-established in Lojban, is that in general, if a bridi is
true without the attitudinal, it is considered true with the attitudinal.
There are of course other conventions found in logic.  But I consider a
xu question "true" if it is true without the xu, and this seems like it should
apply to a xukau as well.

There are attitudinals that can change or murk up truth vakue, but they
generally do so by bringing in an internal world to contrast with the real
world so it becomes unclear which world applies to the bridi truth value.
I see no unreal world invoked by xukau.

lojbab