Re: xor questions (was Re: indirect Qs (was Re: On logji lojbo discu

And:
>> >  ta vasru ma poi ke`a na go tcati gi ckafi
>>
 >  ke`a na go tcati gi ckafi    F T T F
>
>If {ke`a na go tcati gi ckafi} means something else, what does
>it mean?

Sorry, you were right, that's what it means.

>What does {gonai} mean?

gonai A gi B = (not A) iff (B)

It's equivalent to: not (A iff B)

>>  An unhelpful answer like
>> {lo selpinxe} or {lo glare} would make the bridi true.
>
>If {ma} really does mean "replace this word with another than
>makes the bridi true", then this problem does exist. But I
>think the question means:
>
> Cause me to know for each of {tea xor coffee} whether the pot
>  contains it.
>
>If you can't say that with {ma}, then you could do it with {ko}.

I'm not sure I see how. But you could do it like this:

        ta vasru lo tcati onai lo ckafi i xu go'i lo tcati
        That contains either tea xor cofee. Is it tea?

I can't think of a simple question in Lojban that both asserts that
it does contain one of the two and simultaneously asks which one.

co'o mi'e xorxes