Re: linguistics journals

vecu'u le notci po'u <882553031.0915534.0@listserv.cuny.edu> la Robin
Turner <robin@BILKENT.EDU.TR> cu cusku di'e
>>ki'a
>>
>>.i uesai
>>
>>.i mi nu'o se gunma lei casnu be di'u
>>
>>mi'e kolin
>>
>"ki'a" is a dangerous thing to ask me when it's about one of my hobby
>horses!  I'll try to keep this fairly brief, though (zo'o to avoid boring
>those who are only interested in the finer points of Lojban semantics).

Indeed. This indicates the problem with "ki'a".  What I should perhaps
have said was

zoi gy Colin gy ki'a

>>.i mi nu'o se gunma lei casnu be di'u
>
>Does this mean "I can be, but have not as yet been, one of the mass who
>discuss this subject"?

Exactly. If you look at your posting to which I was responding, you'll
see that you ascribe to me some contribution to the debate.

I think I should have included at least a zo'o as well.

|     Colin Fine    66 High Ash, Shipley, W Yorks. BD18 1NE, UK       |
|  Tel: 01274 592696/0976 635354  e-mail:  colin@kindness.demon.co.uk |
|        "Don't just do something! Stand there!"                      |
|              - from 'Behold the Spirit' (workshop)                  |