xu broda

>> There are of course other conventions found in logic.  But I consider a
>> xu question "true" if it is true without the xu, and this seems like it
 should> apply to a xukau as well.

>{xu broda} = {ma jei broda} rather than {broda}

It is not equivalent to either, though I claim that the first and third
have identical truth functions (which doesn't seem to be quite what you
mean by "truth-functionally equivalent".)  It is certainly not
truth-functionally equivalent to the "ma jei broda", because 1) the
answer to the two questions differs and 2) the correct filling in of the
"ma" with "la fals" is a true statement.  So by my above statement "xu
broda" is false, whereas the jei statement is true when filled in with a
correct value for ma (and the existence of a value that makes it true,
makes the bridi with ma "true").

----