Re: multiple ce`u (was: Re: whether (was Re: ni, jei,

>So you enjoy watching the movie and you disapprove of the movie
>having those properties. But it is not the properties themselves
>that you enjoy or disapprove of:

This is ambiguous and probably incorrect.
I disapprove of movies which have these properties (restrictive)
I approve of the movie, which incidentally has these properties (non-
   restrictive).
These seem conrtradictory, since any movie  which fits the former sentence
also fits the latter sentence, if read solely as restrictive/non-restrictive.

Thus one has to presume that there is something about the relationship
between the moive and its identifying factor in the former sentence that
changes the meaning so that it is not merely the movie that I disapprove
of.

One possibility would be that I disapprove of the fact that the movie is
characterized by these properties.  But why do I so disapprove?  Because
I disapprove of the properties, and not the movie.  Yet I do not
disapprove of t the properties in an absolute sense independent of the
movie.  That which makes a movie vulgar/obscene is perfectly appropriate
in some bedrooms.  So I must disapprove of the property of
obscene-movies as a self-standing concept.

>>In English, I might say for the above that I do not approve of Vulgarity.
>
>How would you say it in Lojban?

I'll skip this one, since I did not want to get into coining a lujvo for
a concept that I cannot clearly define in either language, and which
could become a red-herring topic, as well as one provoking controversial
disagreement.

lojbab
----