Re: knowledge and belief

cu'u la robin
>If Plato knows that Socrates knows everything, does Plato know everything?

If Plato knows that Socrates knows that John goes to the market, then
Plato knows that John goes to the market, it would seem to me. And so
on for anything else that Socrates may know. But is it possible (I don't
mean humanly possible, but logically possible) for someone to know
everything? I think that it would be a violation of Goedel's theorem.

As for Lojban, I would say that:

    la platon djuno le du'u la sokrates djuno
                  le du'u la djan klama le zarci kei fo da
    "Plato knows that Socrates knows (by epist. x)
                   that John goes to the market."

must entail that:

    la platon djuno le du'u la djan klama le zarci kei fo da
    "Plato knows (by epist. x) that John goes to the market."

i pe'ipei
co'o mi'e xorxes