Re: Book misprints, anyone?

>> Well, with almost 100 of the ordered books mailed out, i have just gotten
>> a first report of a defective book.  Hopefully it is unique, but I will
>> ask others to let me know if they get a bad one as well.  The bad copy
>> was missing most, but not all of page 93, andhad 2 other similar, mostly
>> blank pages.
>
>Mine has one page missing about 1" of text on the right (toward
>the spine).  The word or two at the end of each line can generally
>be glorked from context (or from the Web of course), so it's not a
>major problem.  I'll let you know if I find anything else.

The printer has said that this kind of thing (called a hiccup) can happen
and is usually quite rare.  Typical causes include power fluctuations.
It apparently is not a bad sign that 3 bad pages were found in one book,
since they print entire copies of the book at one time, rather than printing
in signatures of 16 or 32 pages in the old-fashioned way.

The bottom line is that we guarantee all copies.  If you send a bad one back
we will re0place it with a hopefully good copy and reimburse you for the
postage (and hopefully collect from the printer).

lojbab