Re: xor questions (was Re: indirect Qs (was Re: On logji lo

>Right, pretty meaningless unless the context makes it clear
>what are the members of dogs. Out of context we don't know
>what {la'e lo gerku} is either. If the only relevant LAhE were the
>outermost, it wouldn't make sense for it to be grammatical
>to stack them.

We put in a lot of ability to iterate without specific reasons.  But in this
case the iterativity of LAhE was based on the members of LAhE that predate
lu'X - la'e and lu'e.  In addition, there are sets with sets as members
Nested lu'X could be useful in building a set with "1 from column A and 1 from
column B".

>Lojbab:
>>> That was the other, later, use of lu'a - to allow grouped sumti to
>>> be labelled with a relative clause.  The earliest use, though was defined
>>> for lu'i alone, and was specifically to allow selection of a number
>>> of members from a set, such as the "Would you like coffee, tea, milk, or
>--More--
>> water?"
>
>It would be interesting to see that question in Lojban. There we have the
>additional problem of the intentionality of djica, of course.

My intent, correcting for Cowan's comment re lu'a, would be something like
do djica tu'a pa po'u pa lu'a le ckafi ce le tcati ce le ladru
              ^ma, I mean

lojbab
----