A newbie

I am a total newbie when it comes to lojban.  I signed up on this list
because I had some interest in Esperanto at one time (although I was never
fluent) and I wanted to see how the two artificial languages compared.  Now
that I am signed up on this list I feel like I have gotten in over my head.
 Can anyone recommend some basic books or other information to help get me
started on lojban?

Thanks,

Richard Schroeder
hedgehog@riscsm.scripps.edu

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of TSRI or its
funding agencies.