Re: le'avla (was: Navaho)

> I vaguely suspect that there is a better metaphor than fukpi-valsi, but
>maybe not one with only two terms.  Something that reflects
>'Lojbanization', maybe or perhaps combining two ideas: cmene-brivla (which
>really is the concept behind borrowing).

What about something incorporating the concept of 'import'? Possibly not in
terms of the usual trade type imports, but exotic plants are often referred
to as 'imports'. Further, languages such as Ada and Modula-n use the term,
in very much the way in which we are discussing.

Chris Handley                                     chandley@otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                       Ph     (+64) 3-479-8499
University of Otago                           Fax     (+64) 3-479-8577
Dunedin, NZ
              The light at the end of the tunnel has been
                    switched off to conserve power.