TECH: xo'e

We discussed the xo'e proposal at Lojban conversation group last night, and
Nora finally got a chance to hear about it.  She was underwhelmed, to say
the least.  She pointed out that xo'e phraseology is not useful in creating
a lujvo incorporating the altered semantics that one seeks by using it.  Since
someone usually will be using xo'e to  (we suspect) pose some variant
philosophy about what a concept involves, they would likely want to use that
variant concept productively in tanru, and eventually in lujvo.  Thus, if you
want to build a family of words about things that are made but have no maker
or which have no source material (or words based on teleportation - klama
without the route), you will end up having to make a lujvo using some non-xo'e
method to suggest the place-deletion.  Nora then questioned why people wouldn't
just do this from the start, and make the lujvo right away.

I suspect that Nora is right, but that xo'e may have some use for nonce place
structure modification.  lujvo that delete places are going to probably be
less clear as to their place structures than xo'e fiddling would be. Nora
accepted this, so I guess the attitude here in Fairfax is summed up best as
skeptical tolerance %^).