Re: TECH: xo'e

la lojbab. cusku di'e

> We discussed the xo'e proposal at Lojban conversation group last night, and
> Nora finally got a chance to hear about it.  She was underwhelmed, to say
> the least.  She pointed out that xo'e phraseology is not useful in creating
> a lujvo incorporating the altered semantics that one seeks by using it.

Absolutely true.  Since xo'e modifies the selbri, it would be better if it
were >in< the selbri: this can be achieved with a linked argument of the
form "be FA xo'e".  This doesn't help with lujvo (discussion below omitted)
but does allow the construction of tanru:

        la'e zoi gy. The Stars My Destination gy. cu klama befuxo'e cfika

--
John Cowan      cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!lock60!snark!cowan
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.