Re: TECH: more on morphology problem - some opionions

I think the advantage of consonat triples in borrowings is that they DO occur
in the language we borrow from, and that is the 'Lojbanic' reason to make
that concession in borrowing forms.  However, most such >legitimate<
intial triples are of a plimited set of predicatable forms like 'spr', 'str',
etc. that easily fit the other definition.  The main restriction my proposal
sets in, is that one normally would not Lojbanize a syllabic r/n/l/m or
other consonant, but would have to add a vowel to keep from having a
invalid initial.  Since most syllabics can alternatively be rendered with
a vowel quite recognizeably (er for syllabic 'r' being the way we typically
write it in English, and the words when borrowed into other language
typically have the 'er' actually sounded out rather than reduced), the
 restricton
I propose should not be too severe, but I don't know what to so with a
borrowing that starts out with a triple to keep it recognizable.

With regard to consonant triples, the Synopsis is clear to someone who knows
what it means, but there is some vagueness in one of the references (I can't
recall where, but I was looking at it just before I wrote that last posting),
that probably could cause someone to think that a valid form was invalid.
In any event, my statement is very true for le'avla, in that no one has ever
considered that medials within a le'avla had to be confined to the
C/CC with the second pair a valid initial restriction.  If they had, then we
would not have the current controversy since ALL type III le'avla break
that rule by having the glue consonant stuck in the middle, and there is
no definition saying whether consonant quadruples or more are valid or not.

As for names - no it insn't important, but if we have any rules that we
want people to follwo as conventions or guidelines, we better get them
settled before the dictionary/reference is done, and that will be one
of the first sevctions completed, I hope.

lojbab