Re: TEXT: le gunse ku joi le lorxu

mi pu cusku di'e
 >  > > How does {co'a spoja fa lei betfu ba le lorpanzi} stack up?
 >                                        ^^ should be {be}

la goran. cusku di'e
 >  > The mass of stomacks of the fox cub(s) begins to explode. = All the
 >  > stomachs there are in one or more cubs I think about begin to explode,
 >  > together.

mi cusku di'e
 > I don't think that's quite right.  Because of the {le lorpanzi}, each
 > of the referents of {lei betfu be le lorpanzi} is a mass of stomachs,
 > each belonging to just one fox cub.  (Naturally, each mass of stomachs
 > will have only one stomach.)  So this means just the same thing as
 > {co'a spoja fa le betfu be le lorpanzi}.  I think.

No, no, that's wrong, and Goran is right.  {roloi broda} means the mass
of all things that can fit in the first terbridi of {broda}.  In this
case, the selbri is {betfu be le lorpanzi}, and there are exactly five
things that can fit in this place; {roloi betfu be le lorpanzi} (or {lei
betfu be le lorpanzi}) would be the mass of all of them.  Yes?  (And
yes, Jorge, I think {lei betfu be lei lorpanzi} is fine; I just like
knowing different ways of saying things.)

I can modify this to show what I was trying to say before (with "exactly
one book on the table"):  sentences with {.e} cannot always be expanded
into a number of sentences connected with {.ije}.

mu'o mi'e. dilyn.