Re: fuzzy truth

la .and. cusku di'e

> Steve argues eloquently for the need to express fuzzy truth
> using numbers and for the psychological naturalishness of
> doing so. I am persuaded by these arguments, and conclude
> that we therefore need a new one-member selmao that takes
> a number expression (like MOI and ROI do) and yields a NA.
> I will call this cmavo {xoi} in selmao XOI.
>
> But this isn't the job for a brivla, for if you are content with
> a brivla then we already have what you need: {jei}.
>
>    li pi mu jei mi clani
>    "O.5 is the truth value of that I am tall"

I applaud this.

> In contrast, I want us to be able to say:
>
>    mi pi mu xoi clani
>    pi mu xoi ku mi clani

Diffidently I point out that this is another possible application for
the Dreaded Subscript:

	mi ja'a xipimu clani
	ja'a xipimuku mi clani

Unless I hear sound objections (as opposed to loud howls) I'll write this
into the text paper.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.