Re: tech: logic matters

> pc and Carter go back a long way with the mutual disrespect, which is I
> believe only (humorously ad hominem).

Correct (associativity parens added by jimc).

> It was pc who dubbed carters Loglan efforts as "Nalgol" because he "got
> Loglan all backwards".  Since Carter thereafter used the label Nalgol himself,
> I have alwasy presumed that no offense was taken.

Correct.  We do seem to have a different idea of what a "logical language" is:
"how logicians talk" vs. "designed per consistent standards such that you know
what they are and can work with them".  Recent discussion reveals that the
Emperor's clothes are getting tattered, and new ones might be in order.

James F. Carter        Voice 310 825 2897       FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA  90095-1555
Internet: jimc@math.ucla.edu (finger for PGP key)
UUCP:...!{ucsd,ames,ncar,gatech,purdue,rutgers,decvax,uunet}!math.ucla.edu!jimc