Re: lojban evolution

And Rosta writes on 8 Feb 1996 07:47:27 +0000:
> ... I can't understand how newcomers like Jorge
> & Goran seem to instantly know the language inside out.

Lojban, and Old Loglan before it, are designed on consistent principles.
(Formerly I would have said logical principles, but it's now clear that
the predicate "logical" doesn't have quite the right meaning.)  When a system
is sufficiently consistent it can jell in a person's mind.  The brain is
designed to do that; it has survival value.

In a system, specifically Lojban, I tend to see lots of relations, as well as
relations that could exist if some "illogical" rules are tweaked.  Thus what
jelled for me was different from what others saw.  Hence the appelation of
"Nalgol".

                -- jimc