ADM: Test database of Lojban List postings

I have built a searchable database of the nearly 4000 postings
to the lojban List between Sep1994 and Feb1996, some 10Mb.
The postings are not threaded and the HTML format indexes are
prohibitively large (1995 is 315kb, don't use Netscape with
less than 32Mb :-). Keyword and logical searches are OK --
unless you try for all postings by Jorge, the resulting index
may cause a crash or lock-up on lesser systems.

I'm using Glimpse as a search engine. The full text searches
are not lightning fast: 'Derzhanski' took about 23s, 'veion'
about 45s. Actually the search itself is quite fast, of the
order of 1-2s, but the preparation of the output seems to
take lots of time when there are many matching postings.

Note: the logical searches are of limited utility, at least
      ANDs, because the words involved must fall on the same
      line of text. This is a limitation of Glimpse. I'll
      try to modify the scripts so that there are two sets
      of files: one set for indexing and one for display.
      This is necessary because the mailings cannot be
      reformatted.

The database is not presently accessible from the home page.
The URL is

          http://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/lojban/hma/

  co'o mi'e veion

.i mi du la'o sy. Veijo Vilva sy.