Re: xelfanva and comments

Lojbab: thanks for your comments on my translation.

I wrote:
>> .i va'o lenu cumki
>>kei troci co jarco le djacu tubnu ki'u lenu se pilno gi'e troci
>                                                     ^ku
>> co mipri le li'avro ki'u ja'o na se pilno

>>and wherever possible to expose the plumbing on the grounds
>>that it is functional, and conceal the location of the departure gates,
>>presumably on the grounds that they are not.

Is the {ku} really needed there?  I wondered about that.  I thought I
remembered someone saying that {gi'e} always works on the top level of the
sentence; i.e. that you couldn't have  {lenu x gi'e y kei} because gi'e
would automatically pop you out of the lenu clause.  Did I misunderstand?
Unfortunately I don't have a working parser.

Lojbab replies:
>I think you just missed a way to convey the complexity and the
>parallelism:  termsets.

I didn't even think of termsets.  They appear to be less awkward than what I
was trying to do.

I do see you've made some better word choices than I had: zukte, jursa,
terpli, tolja'o.  I don't understand why you put {tu'a} before {lenu lei
farsni...}; it's already
an abstraction.

How does {le teno'a} work inside a termset -- the outer bridi has several
x3's, one
per termset; does it refer to the one inside the termset where {teno'a} is
used?  What if {le teno'a} were used outside a termset?

>.i dy setese zukte nu'i leka tatpi joi fengu kei morna ku tu'a loi jursa
>sfetai .e lo xankygau skari nu'u .enu'i leka frili falenu ze'eba sepli
>fa le litru le ly. bakfu ja se prami nu'u .enu'i leka ly. cfipu ku tu'a
>lenu lei farsni cu simlu loka farsni fi lei canko .a lei darno ke
>dadne'ota'u sorcu .a le ca selzvati be la tarcrursaminor bei vi le nicte
>tsani nu'u .enu'i capiroroi lenu le teno'a cu cumki ku zo'e lenu jarco
>lei djacu tubnu ki'u leka ri terpli ku gi'e ja'o tolja'o le li'avro ki'u
>lenu ri nalterpli

PS if you respond, please cc to me as well as the list, because I'll be
unsubscribing for a few weeks and I don't want to miss your reply.  Thanks!