Re: logflash software

David Moore:

>> It would seem that, upon entering the "gaining control" mode, you'd
be
>> juggling at least 100 words between the various piles (on a good
day).

>Yes, but most of the words won't fall at that point, so it'll go fairly
>quickly.  Most of the time is spent when words fall, because you have
>go through them 6+ times at that point.

Every time you get to the bottom of the session, 20 new words get
introduced,  and assuming you get every word right every time, you have
about 5(?) piles that you must alternate between.  This is in "gaining
control" mode, which I haven't got to yet.  I'm still in "new word
review" mode, which only shows you new words, and makes you recognize
them once.  Generally my pattern goes:  see 20 new words, get 7 right;
see 10 old words, get 5 right; see 18 dropback words, get 5 right; see
20 new words, get 7 right...
By now, (after two sessions) my dropback pile has about 26 words in it,
and continues to grow until I turn off new word introduction so I can
clear it (usually at about 40-50 words).

>> I've struggled through about 340 words this way, but I'm considering
>> starting over with a smaller number of new words per session.
>>
>> Or am I expecting to progress too fast?
>
>I think getting through 340 words is pretty good, especially without a
>class environment to reinforce the words in other ways.  And you got
all
>of that in under 3 weeks.

Under 3 weeks?  340 words represents about 2 months of work.  As I look
over the log, I see I used it about every 3 days.  Not real consistent,
but not too bad.

>I also modified the system slightly by
>splitting each dropback into more reasonable piles.  If say 35 words
>fell out of the new words, instead of doing all 35 until I got 6 sets
>in a row correct (or 10 total sets), I split it into 4 piles of ~9 each
>where I did that.

I don't recall any "splitting" option in logflash.

Rick "Ski Lojbanistan" Nylander