Re: Lojban text production (RE: ni, jei, perfectionism)

la xorxes cusku di'e:
>I also started to translate E.A. Poe's "The Mask of the Red Death", but
>since I got no comments about the first part I translated, I didn't pursue
>it.

I tried to read it at one point but found it intimidating.  I don't remember why
now; maybe lots of lujvo (and I've never really tried learning the rafsi)

>I translated a Spanish translation of an Aymara children's story.

Did you post it?  It doesn't sound familiar.

>I also wrote two or three ckafybarja pieces, and I wrote several
>poems (various sonnets, haiku, limmericks and free style) which you
>didn't mention in your recent racconto of Lojban poetry, but that's
>ok because they really didn't have that much merit as poetry.

I have some of these specifically set aside on my disk and I have
referred back to them numerous times because I thought they were
not only good poetry but good examples of how to write clear, nalglico
lojban.  One of them I have memorized:

    .oisai le nicte
    le selgei ca'o kunti
    .ije do darno

As an english speaker learning lojban it does not come naturally to me
to a) use kunti that way; b) put the x1 and x2 before the selbri, and c)
use the word selgei.  But the result, once you grok it, is very clear and
lojbanic, and I can't think of a better exercise for a beginner than to
translate and memorize those 10 haiku.

Chris