version declaration for le lojbau

>  Date:        Wed, 21 Apr 1993 21:00:56 +0100
>  From: Mr Andrew Rosta <ucleaar@UCL>
>
>  I suppose one could say _lei me la'o fa. nava'o fa._
>  (or whatever the Navaho call their tongue).

They don't call it Navaho.  I think the word used is /dine/ (modulo
lengths and tones), and it also means `human' as opposed to `beast'
and `man' as opposed to `woman'.

>  It's a bit of a mouthful,
>  though: contrast _lei glibau_, which is 5 syllables shorter because
>  of the culturally dominant position of English.

Not its culturally dominant position, because most of the languages
catered for by the set of cultural gismu aren't culturally dominant.
We used to be told that people would to talk of them more frequently
than of those off the list.  In fact most of them have never been used.
People don't seem to be interested in Morocco, Lebanon or Indonesia any
more than they are in Navaho.

Anyway, I would use {lei mela'o gy. English gy.}.

Ivan