dikni-tanru

jimc wants a semantic analyzer to have some chance of
interpreting tanru using dikni-tanru rules. I have looked
at my own usage and I see at least 4 types of tanru operators.
1)      semantic restriction
2)      semantic extension
3)      poetic metaphor
4)      language incompetence

For me, the major usage is type 4.
I tend to use tanru when I am confused and do not know what
what structure to use. I string gismu together in the perhaps
futile hope that something useful will emerge. On the next
editing pass I try to find a better structure. I would like
to see markers so I can explicitly say which type I am using.
According to Zipf's law, type 4 should be the unmarked form.
Heavy type 4 usage of tanru will create difficulties for
any semantic analysis programs. There will also be a strong
mabla-glico influence on tanru creation which needs to be
countered to get cultural neutrality.
--
        Frank Schulz ( fschulz@pyramid.com )