Re: dikni-tanru

fschulz@PYRAMID.COM writes:
> jimc wants a semantic analyzer to have some chance of
> interpreting tanru using dikni-tanru rules. I have looked
> at my own usage and I see at least 4 types of tanru operators.
> ... 4)      language incompetence
> For me, the major usage is type 4.

Actually, languages grow by being stretched to fit new situations.
In Lojban the planned growth mechanism is to have people build
new cliche-type tanru, which are converted to lujvo.  This process
will feel like "linguistic incompetence" when the speaker cannot
use existing vocabulary to express his thoughts, but the "fault" is
as much in the language as in the speaker (for not knowing possibly
existing prior usage).

If there were simple diktanru and dikyjvo rules that people could
be taught, the available vocabulary would jump an order of magnitude,
and people wouldn't have to work so hard, or feel so unsure of
themselves, when using tanru / lujvo, particularly the common kinds.
The advantage at the semantic level is similar to the advantage of
using rafsi to build the lujvo words, at the morphological level.

                -- jimc