Re: how to say

Colin writes:

> The fact that you give the example of "looking through my files" disturbs
>me, because it suggests that you are thinking at the level of words. "Look
>through [files]" is an *utterly* different concept from "look through [a
>window or a telescope]" and is no way germane to the argument.

I think that what we are seeing here are deficiencies in English not in
Lojban. That fact that we are forced to (over)use the word "seeing" in a
variety of totally different senses shows that English lacks the fundamental
nuances that Lojban expresses easily (if you _see_ what I mean (%} ).

Chris Handley                                     chandley@otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                       Ph     (+64) 3-479-8499
University of Otago                           Fax     (+64) 3-479-8577
Dunedin, NZ
              The light at the end of the tunnel has been
                    switched off to conserve power.