Re: 'your will' as sumti

> As a first examination of Lojban, I'm trying to translate the Rabelaisian
> motto 'do what you will', but I'm stumbling on the rules for sumti.
>
> Apparently, <<le se mukti>> means 'those actions that are motivated', is
> that correct? But I want to also specify that they're _your_
> actions/motivations, as if to put <<do>> in x3 of mukti. How do I do
> this? Apparently <<le se mukti zo'e do>> doesn't do it.
>
> Do I need to use a relative clause here? I would then have <<ta poi se
> mukti zo'e do>> or <<ta poi zo'e muti ke'a do>>. But which of <<ti>>,
> <<ta>>, <<tu>> do I use? I can't point to these actions. Anyway, my best
> guess is <<ko gasnu ta poi se mukti zo'e do>>, which seems rather verbose.

Yes, I think {mukti} is the right word, but it is particularly
awkward because you want to fill places 2 & 3, but not 1, so even
single conversions like {termu'i} don't help.  But I don't think
a relative clause is needed; just {le se mukti be fi do ku},
which is no less verbose than you version, however.

Another way might be to use {zukte} "to act for a purpose" to
imply that motivation is in fact the purpose for your actions;
{ko zukte fi lenu do termu'i}