Re: indirect Qs (was Re: On logji lojbo discussions)

Jorge:
> Lojbab:
> >> But I am not sure that "whether" is a
> >> yes/no question.
> And:
> >Broadly, yes. Definitely if a tea-or-coffee question counts as a
> >yes-no question.
>
> I'd say it counts as two yes-no questions:
>
>         i ta vasru lo tcati ji lo ckafi
>         Does that contain tea or coffee?
>
> There we want to know the answer to two questions:
>
>         i xu ta vasru lo tcati
>         Does that contain tea?
>
>         i xu ta vasru lo ckafi
>         Does that contain coffee?

The sort of question I had in mind was of the form:

  ta ge vasru na go loi tcati gi loi ckafi gi vasru ma

or

  ta ge vasru pa da poi ke`a cmima loi tcati ce loi ckafi
  gi vasru ma

- as jimc has already suggested.

A neat way of saying it might be:

  ta vasru ma poi ke`a du pa da poi ke`a cmima loi tcati
  ce loi ckafi

or

  ta vasru ma poi ke`a na go tcati gi ckafi

[NB: by {go} I mean "iff". I may have misremembered this.]

--And